Saturday, July 24, 2010

Surprise Skyler!

Skyler turned the big 16 on July 22nd. We threw him a Surprise Party the next night with a Mobile Game party, a video game trailer that comes to your house. The kids go inside and play video games for 2 hours. Perfect for a bunch of teenagers who love video games! We had some late stragglers so the "Surprise" was with the few that were on time...











Time to leave the trailer...




Cake and Ice Cream time... I knew when we were planning on having Skyler's party that I would have my good friend Vanessa making his cake. I asked Skyler if he wanted a cake for his birthday casually (remember the party was a surprise) and he said sure so I asked him what flavor and he said how about chocolate and peanut butter. Luckily we ended up going to Swensen's for dessert on his b-day night so I didn't have to worry about making a cake. I told Vanessa I would like a video game themed cake and beyond that was up to her. I am going to do a complete separate blog post on this cake because it turned out unbelievably good! She has such a magic touch, if you ever need a cake for any occasion she's the one to call! I know you are just dying to see it so here's one picture (I'll share close ups of everything on the seperate blog post).



Isn't that amazing? I couldn't have dreamed up anything better!

The last hour was cake and ice cream, socializing and more video games..










No comments: